Recruiter? Snooper? Mom? Download a one-page PDF of my resume – or read it below. Also check out “10 Reasons You Should Hire Me“.
Nokia – Head of Social Media, North America (November 2011 – Present)
– Heading up social media program throughout Nokia’s comeback in North America.
– Manages and engages Nokia’s online community as a brand ambassador on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Nokia’s official blog, and 3rd party sites.
– Launched Nokia’s first Windows Phone device, the Lumia 710, through social media.
– Successful launch of Nokia’s hero device at CES and SXSW, the Lumia 900, with positive buzz in social media from announcement through sales start.
– Spearheaded social media element to Lumia 900’s launch event in Times Square with Nicki Minaj. After one week the video has received 1+ million YouTube views.
– Produced social aspect of Nokia’s multimillion dollar “Smartphone Beta Test” campaign.
– Lead social media outreach during Lumia 900 data connectivity bug. Helped turn potential public relations disaster into positive news cycle.
Nokia – Communications Manager, Social Media (July 2009 – October 2011)
– Editor-in-Chief of Nokia’s official blog, Nokia Conversations. Took readership from 155,000 uniques/ month to 958,000 uniques/month in 1.5 years.
– Conversations becomes 4th most read Corporate Blog, 34th most read Tech Blog, 37th most read Gadget Blog, and 1st most read Nokia-focused Blog. (according to Technorati)
– Launched localized editions of Nokia Conversations in Latin America, Finland, and China.
– Active member of Social Media team during Stephen Elop CEO transformation & Microsoft partnership.
– Managed three-person team and eight-person agency.
– Videographer for Nokia during events. Own produced videos have reached 1+ million on YouTube.
– Co-host of Nokia’s official podcast, reaching 10,000 listeners per week.
Nokia – Digital Marketing Manager, Games (January 2008 – June 2009)
– Headed up all global asset and campaign creation for Nokia’s N-Gage gaming platform.
– Personally managed million-euro marketing budgets with top international agencies.
– Owner of online channels such as nokia.com and nokia.mobi.
– Executed digital ad buys and SEM at a global level.
Nokia – Online Marketing Specialist, S60 (January 2006 – December 2007)
– Headed the S60 Blogs, Nokia’s first public blogging platform. Took the readership from zero to 98,000 monthly visitors in two years.
– Served as S60’s Brand Evangelist representing S60 both online in Nokia’s own channels, as well as popular blogs/forums, and also offline in community events and trade shows.
– Hereford High School, University Preparation (Fall 1993 – Spring 1997)
– University of Maryland UMBC, Computer Science (Fall 1997 – Fall 1998)
– Johns Hopkins University, Information Systems (Spring 2001- Fall 2001)
– University of Helsinki, Finnish Studies (Fall 2003 – Fall 2005)
Read more about me from my bio: